Sunday, March 9, 2008

Assessment for Lesson Plan Presentation

In looking at the lesson presentation as an opportunity to grow from trial and error…can I do a presentable presentation?…sure, I hope I can, I am a business major but, can I present a lesson to a class of 5th graders using all the techniques and knowledge that I’ve learned in class…I hope so…but, I don’t think one time around with a fictitious class will make me great at it.

I’m looking to be assessed, yes but, more so, I am looking for constructive feedback, not only from Dr. Scott but, from my classmates. Should I attempt to include as many teaching techniques as I can to make my lesson more cohesive…yes…should I include all of them…no, that would be ridiculous and obviously forced.

Time management should be looked at…present ability…professionalism…use of course content…effort, yes, effort…creativity should also be included but, for those of us who are not necessarily creative, this may be a challenge until, again, we begin challenging ourselves this way on a regular basis…appropriate standards and benchmarks for the presented lesson should be assessed, as well.

No comments: